Student Art Contest 2015
There will be a Student Art Contest in conjunction with The Caldwell Merchant’s Association’s Art on the Avenue on Saturday, May 30, 2015 (Rain date: Sunday, May 31).
Sponsored by The Women’s Club of Caldwell
Theme: “Shop Downtown”
- One submission per student (Grade K through 12 th ) will be accepted.
- Students will create an original piece of artwork using the theme “Shop Downtown.” Pictures can include images of a person shopping, a picture of your favorite local store or stores, etc.
- Medium: Two-dimensional art only. The artwork must be a drawing, illustration or painting.
- No photographs or copyrighted images.
- Artwork size: Maximum size 9” x 12” with mounting. Vertical or horizontal orientation. Artwork must be mounted on cardboard, mat board or foam core. Do not mat or frame artwork.
- Exhibit Label: The exhibit label must be filled out by the student’s parent and attached to back of the students’ artwork.
- Entries must be submitted by Thursday, May 21, 2015. No late entries will be accepted. Submit entries to: The Caldwell Public Library, 268 Bloomfield Ave., Caldwell.
Artwork will be grouped into the following categories:
Kindergarten – 2nd 3rd – 5th 6th – 8th 9th – 12th
Artwork will be judged on
- the originality,
- the artistic composition and
- interpretation of the theme “Shop Downtown”.
All Artwork submitted will initially be judged by members of the Women’s Club of Caldwell. Finalists will be displayed at “Art on the Avenue” for final judging on May 30, 2015 (Rain date May 31).
The finalists will be judged by a group of independent professional artists. All students entering artwork are automatically included in a free drawing for art supplies. The drawing will take place at 2:00pm at the student exhibit on the day of the show. Student must be present to win. Ribbons will be given to First, Second and Third Place winners. The winners will be announced by 2:30pm on May 30, 2015 (Rain date May 31). First, Second and Third Place winning artwork will be displayed in the Caldwell Public Library from June 1 to June 12. Winners can pick up their artwork from 3:00-500pm on June 12 at the Caldwell Library. All other students may pick up their artwork at the end of the show, approximately 4:00pm on the day of the event. All non-winning artwork not picked up by 4:30pm on the day of the show will become property of the Caldwell Merchant’s Association. For more information please call 973-403-1162.