CMA Mission Statement
The Caldwell Merchants Association is an incorporated, NJ state registered 501c6 non-profit corporation whose mission is to revitalize the Caldwell downtown through promotions, beautification, historical preservation, economic redevelopment and support for the arts. Our motto “we mean business” says it all. Merchants, professionals, community organizations, property owners, service providers and government officials from Caldwell and volunteers from the surrounding towns who see Caldwell as their downtown work together to promote these goals.
Our events are designed to attract shoppers and new business to Caldwell, and to increase awareness of current local businesses.
Governing Board - Officers and Board Members are elected in June of each year for one year terms.
President: June Cowell
Vice President: Douglas Piazza
Secretary: Oana Drew
Treasurer: Donna Filkin
John Gonnella, esq
Frank Delli Santi
Benefits of Membership in CMA
Some of the benefits in belonging to the CMA include:
- You will have… strength in numbers speaking as one voice as we support one another.
- You will have… the ear of the Town Council. A designated Council member acts as liaison; has a place on the agenda at every CMA meeting to listen to our concerns and report back
- You will have… a presence on a new, professional website (each dues paying member is eligible for his own web page at no charge. Members who do not feel comfortable or have time to manage their own page may pay a fee to have this done for them. There will also be a special promotion page for that you can place your events, specials and sales.
- You will have… increased awareness of existing shops and services through promotions such as Art on the Avenue, Better than Black Friday (late night shopping), Antique Car Show, Coupon Books, Dinner and A Movie (discounted dining and theater tickets January-March), Black Maria (viewing of juried amateur short films in April, Safe Halloween, Art on the Avenue.
- You will benefit…from Action Committees tackling key issues important to the downtown. Examples include:
- availability of parking and uniform, more visible parking signage
- trash on sidewalks and streets.
- You will receive… information about various cost saving opportunities for CMA members, for example, special advertising rates from different publications, is offered by email as they become available
- You will have… reduced advertising rates for the Caldwell Progress
- You will have… the opportunity to learn, network and have a little fun at our monthly meeting on the 1st Tuesday of the month (except December and August)
- You will have… a bargain cost of membership: $12.50 per month ($150 per year)